Friday, May 20, 2011

sun, sun, sun, here it comes.

We finished our last final on Wednesday. Biology, in case you wondered. The last question was a painfully long essay on ecology. (Why do they always save the longest and most arm-cramping and brain-trying for the end, when you're desperate to just finish the final and get out of there???). Actually, technically the last question was a bonus question on the differences between ... what was it?....the lifestyles of multicellular heterotrophs versus unicellular heterotrophs? Something like that. Um, anyway. It was summer. And even though I was inexplicably coming down with some sort of weird cold, I liked it.

Even thought I wasn't hungry, but I got a GIANT ice cream and was only able to eat half of it, and still felt sick, I liked it.

But after I went to The King's Speech with some of my favorite people, and then went to a bonfire at one of those favorite people's houses,


Some people burned some of their schoolwork. Not namin' names, though.
and then went home and watched way too many episodes of Psych and Drop Dead Diva (yes, I'm ashamed. but it's addicting.) until the wee hours of the morning, and finally went down and fell into bed, and then slept in until noon the next day, and was cured almost completely from my sickness, and played a bit of my good old Nancy Drew computer game that I started a long time ago, before school started getting so crazy (yes, I play nancy drew pc games. and I'm proud of it.), and ate nothing all day but fruit in my mom's scrumptious fruit dip and a couple of fondue marshmallows and 2 pieces of store-bought chocolate cake (at two different school ceremonies, my little sister's kg graduation and the awards ceremony)

Ellen graduated from kindergarten on Thursday. [insert sentimental rant about how OLD she's getting.]
and got pretty good grades on my finals and the weather started getting warmer at long last... I started loving it. And wasn't that just a great sentence?

I love summer. I LOVE summer. I love SUMMER.

I have to admit I don't really like hot dogs. Especially not when they run out of ketchup, and you have to just use mustard. Especially when you don't really like mustard. But a nice summery picture nonetheless, don't you think?

That settles it. When I marry an Australian cowboy, we will have lots of baby ducks on our ranch. :)
  
Summer evening bokeh. Mmm.
  
This picture is from last summer, actually. Don't tell anyone.

 How are you guys enjoying your summer? And for those of you still in school (poor souls)... I hope you're enjoying that too.

Hey, you never know.

Well, have a great weekend!

Love, Stacey.

1 comment:

Grace said...

:P I play ND computer games all the time! The newer ones are AWESOME, but my fav. has to be The Shadow at Water's Edge. *shudder*

Anyways, congratulations on graduating! I just have a little over one week left!