Saturday, August 18, 2012

when it's still quiet


Only a handful of days left until school started up again, slipping away at an outrageous pace. I woke up before the sun and slipped outside, blanket and book in hand.


I walked for awhile, and when the sun came over the horizon i spread out a blanket, flopped down on it, and watched the sun through the rosebushes. It was chilly, and I pulled another blanket over me and read for a little while. I was tired, but it was such a nice morning.




When I opened my eyes, I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep. But my fingers and toes were very cold, and the sun now peeked through the branches of the trees, and cast golden lines across the grass.





I will miss the summer.

1 comment:

Emma said...

this is such a good idea -- and what a beautiful post! lovely :)