Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 41: Books!

I mentioned yesterday that I got some awesome books at Barnes and Noble. So, I have some pictures. The Barnes and Noble Colectible Leatherbound Classics Collection is about the best thing that has ever happened to the world. (OK, maybe not, but... they rank up there, at least.)

I've been wanting to get some of these for quite some time, since my friend collects them and they're very cool. Last night I saw they were on sale, buy 2 get 1 free. So I bought three :)

I know, I'm a total nerd. No one else would be as excited as I am about these books. But, here I am, dedicating my entire blog post to them.

(The books, by the way, are Alice and Wonderland and Other Stories (by Lewis Carroll), Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales, and The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe.) (This is probably part of the reason I'm so excited about this, because these are 3 of my favorite books of all time.)


 Now, I will warn you. These are not good picture quality. But they get the job done, so to speak.


Alice in Wonderland (and Through the Looking Glass) have the original illustrations. And they are pretty awesome.


I love this cover, and the inside front and back of the book has a beautiful design, as shown below.



I love the back cover of Alice, and the leaf designs on Grimm's. Plus,  I love the green and gold together.


Yup :) Well, now that you have been sufficiently geeked-out for the evening, I'll give you a little sneak peek to a post coming up somewhere in the near future, which I hope will be a little (or a lot) more interesting than this one.


Check back soon to find more about this camera and some others!

No comments: