Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 43: Pyromaniac's Heaven

Pyromaniac. Yes, that is me. Ok, maybe not, but... Yeah, pretty much.

I love fire. It's so pretty, and warm, and just awesome.

Sooo, you can imagine the fact that we purchased a fire pit a week or so ago makes me pretty happy. We've only used it once, so this evening I thought I would go out and make a fire. I've made fires before, but in a fireplace, where there is no wind or anything, and maybe once or twice outside- but usually it's just rekindling a fire that's died down. Not from scratch.

So, I went outside with some logs, newspaper, and some chunks of firestarter logs (because aparently we're out of kindling...).

I really had no idea what I was doing.



So, I constructed this beautiful masterpiece (if, of course, by constructed you mean threw a buch of stuff randomly into the fire pit, and if by beautiful you mean NOT.)


And lit the newspaper on fire (which then commenced to burn up, and do nothing- so I repeated this process... quite a few times.)


And then (after about 5 or 6 minutes and who knows how many newspapers) the logs started to catch fire.


FIIIIREEEEE!!! :P


And soon, I had a beatiful roaring fire. Which I was very proud of, thank you very much.


Oh, Ellen...


And then later I went out and started ANOTHER fire.


And played around with sticks in the fire (that is a leaf, in case you can't tell).

The coals looked so cool.


And then I went inside and posted an insane amount of fire pictures.
...

The End :)

No comments: