Saturday, December 4, 2010

The day on which I post it all...

1. I love my friends. 
It's amazing to me that I go to a school where I know every last person well. Oh, and like all of them. A lot. I am surrounded by amazing people. 
I have extraordinary friends. I love you guys so incredibly much. You know who you are. Thank you so much for existing :).
Last night was my school's Winter Formal. It was amazingly fun. There was not really a plan, other than eat burritos and then listen to music. Andddd.... it was 5 hours long. I had no idea how we were going to fill all of that time, and I thought it might even be a bit boring. It wasn't. I enjoyed every second of it. We danced like crazy people, played 4 on a couch, just hung out, and watched part of Pirates of the Caribbean. But it wasn't what we did that made it incredible. It was just having so many awesome people in one room. So many hilarious, crazy, amazing people in one room. In case you can't tell, I enjoyed it thoroughly. 
And now, I am going to add a very embarrassing picture.
 I have no idea why I felt compelled to do that with my face... 


 Cha Cha Slide :)


 My brother and I trying to teach people the Thriller. Except we forgot how to do it. So it kind of failed. But it was fun anyway.


 Hahahahahaha. 

Yeahhh... 

Haha, so it was really fun. I love my friends. <3

2. I love food.
Making it, and eating it. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Especially desserts. That's pretty much the only thing I ever make. Teehee.

Old-Fashioned Ginger Cookies


 I love making gingersnaps. And this recipe for Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies is even better. It calls for a little bit of lemon juice to make them more tangy. I've never done that before, but it was really good.


Cream Cheese Brownies


They were really good.

3. I love singing.
I have a Christmas concert at Powell Hall today. I'm really excited. Powell is absolutely beautiful.
The hall. 

The lobby. 

This is the view we have from the stage. I love Powell. I absolutely love it. Later this month we actually get to sing with the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra for their Holiday Concerts. The choir I'm in does this every year. And I love it. The Symphony is... amazing. And singing with them is indescribable. (We also get to do the Lord of the Rings and Carmina Burana with them later this year. So so so excited.)

Wow. That was really longer than I expected it to be. Sorry. Choir geek :).

4. I love Saturdays.
I actually have time to blog, and thus have a really long post of lots of things I've been meaning to post for quite some time. Sorry. :)

5. I love Coldplay.
While posting this I had iTunes on, and Yellow by Coldplay came on. I'd never heard it before. And I really like it! I also love the song Wonderwall by Oasis.

What are you loving today?

-Stacey



2 comments:

grace said...

Only parts of your post was in the happy font. It was weird. Otherwise, the brownies looked good. :)

Emilyann said...

The formal looks like lots of fun :) Ya'll are adorable, by the way. :)

And, haha, I love that you're a choir geek. ;) I know the feeling. I'd get really excited about doing LOTR with the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, too. ;)

xoxo,
e.