Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's the most wonderful time..

1. christmas decorations
They're awesome. I love having the whole house lit up with little shimmering lights, nativity scenes, and ornaments.


(And bokeh. That's another thing I'm loving right now. See here.)

2. little christmas dresses
The other day I came home and my little sister Mary had decided that she wanted to wear her Christmas dress that day. When I walked in, she was looking out the window, leaning on the sill in the cutest little pose ever. I had to take a picture.


3. squirrels
I, of all people, know they can be a huge pain. In my old neighborhood the squirrels had formed some sort of secret alliance and they were seriously evil. Everyone had to get metal trashcans, because they would tear plastic ones to bits and strew your trash all over your lawn. They nested in our car and chewed through several wires, messing up our car. We couldn't have jackolanterns outside, or they would be chewed to bits in hours. Birdfeaders? Squirrelfeeders.

They were really annoying, and downright evil.

But... you've gotta admit, they're pretty cute.

(Wow, this post is getting random.)


5. froyo
It's a tasty frozen yogurt place. You can choose from a bunch of different flavors, make your own little dish, and choose whatever toppings you want. And it's priced by weight, which is nice, because you can get exactly as much as you want and pay only that much.
Last time I went to FroYo, I got peanut butter and chocolate, with raspberries, blackberries, and oreo on top. Yeah... It was actually pretty good.



Anyway, to get to the point- a FroYo is coming in right next to my school. As in, right next to my school. I am so excited. I can't even tell you. This is where all of my money is going to "run off to", I can tell you right now.

6. 1 day, 6 hours, 36 minutes.
I can't wait until Christmas. I am really excited for my church's Christmas midnight service, at about 11:00 PM on Christmas Eve. At which our church choir gets to sing. And our church even has a harpsichord for it. (I have no idea where it came from, but it's pretty awesome.)

And, of course, presents! And fudge. Mmm, my Grandma makes the best fudge ever. And seeing all my family! Everyone comes to my grandparents' houses for Christmas. (I get to go see both sets of grandparents, because they live only about an hour away from eachother.) I love Christmas.

What are you doing for Christmas this year?

-Stacey

1 comment:

Anna said...

This post makes me smile. Especially the picture of Mary-what a cutie :) I can't wait until Christmas, I especially can't wait to give you your Christmas gift! I hope you like it! Merry Almost Christmas, Stacey! :) Love you!
-A.