Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Smell the Roses

Life is crazy. Throughout my last few posts I've been rambling about how busy my life is, and how I never have time for anything, and so on and so forth... And I've realized that with everything going so fast, I don't really ever stop. Just stop, and slow down, and enjoy a moment. Savor something, anything. In all of the hurry to get everything done I lose a lot of what I could be experiencing. And even if I get everything done, is it really worth all of the moments I've lost? So these last few days I've been trying to work on slowing things down a little bit. Trying to "stop and smell the roses", so to speak. Going outside, taking a walk, watching the sunset (and taking pictures, of course.) And it may sound strange, but it actually seems that if I just stop every once in awhile, just take a break and really try to enjoy something small, something I might not have ever noticed otherwise, everything gets done anyway. I might have "so much to do I can't possibly take a break", but if I do, if I just stop a minute, then when I come back to what I have to do it gets done, and even more efficiently than it would have otherwise.

I don't know, this probably makes no sense. Let me show you.

Here are some of the things I could have missed.
A beautiful, whispy, colorful sunset.


The way the twists and turns of this tree make it beautiful.



The way the sun sparkles through vividly colored leaves.



How whimsical the little path in the "woods" behind my house looks when illuminated by the evening sun.


The fact that a metal gate could look pretty in the right conditions.


The view of the sky through so many interlocking branches.


A delicate new rosebud.


I guess what I'm trying to say is that, even though it may be hard to slow life down and enjoy the little things, it's worth it in the end.

So, stop and smell the roses. Slow down, go outside, take a picture of a leaf. It will make your day go better, I almost guarantee it.
So, that's the end of my ramblings for today :).
-stacey

Oh, and Blogger automatically saving your posts every few seconds is the best thing ever. It has saved me many a disaster.

2 comments:

Grace said...

It totally makes sense... sometimes I will get so stressed out I will stop doing everything and go walk around the block. :) Pictures are awesome, as always.
-grace

Emilyann said...

the picture with the wooden steps looks like the dragon's throat. :)

miss you so much <3