Saturday, April 23, 2011

tornado sirens, walgreens, and a little bit of inspiration

Wow, posting two days in a row! I haven't done this since back in the beginning! But I really do want to start blogging more. I actually got another follower yesterday! For awhile I was losing followers like crazy, and then I got back up to 50, and just stayed there. For weeks. Not that I mind, it's much better than losing followers. But it was nice to hop on here this morning and see a neat little "51" on my Blogger dashboard. So, since I don't have anything specific to talk about today (all I ever post about is the weather, I've realized...), this is just going to be a little bit random. So buckle up.

1. I love Holy Week. 
Yesterday during Good Friday service a tornado siren went off. Right before the processional of the cross. Our church's Kantor changed the key of the processional verse to match the tornado siren. It was pretty cool. :) Tonight is the Easter Vigil, which actually only goes until about 9 or 10. But after this, we (a bunch of my friends and I) are going over to the house of a family from our church and "finishing the Vigil" with a big feast (she is an amazing cook) and singing and all kinds of fun stuff until the wee hours of the morning. I am so pumped! (Wow, I can't believe I actually just said that.) But anyway, we're going to spend the night at their house, and then go to church for both Easter services (our church choir, which I am in, is singing in both), in between which our church's youth group is serving an Easter breakfast to the congregation.

It's going to be crazy, but amazingly fun.

2. Walgreens!
For all of you photographers out there, Walgreens is having an awesome special for Easter. If you enter the code "EASTER25" at the checkout, you can get 25 free 4x6 prints if you buy 25. So basically 50 prints for around $5. It ends today though, so you'd better hurry up and order them! (Walgreen's should pay me for this free advertisement.) (But I like the Walmart Photo Center better, for the record.)

3. Inspiration
I'm adoring Flickr as of late. Google Chrome called Flickr Browser that gives you 100 pics every day from Flickr, and I almost always look through them (this post is really turning into a big long advertisement). Anyway, here are some of the best contacts I have found recently:






  • Quicksil7er (my all-time favorite Flickr collection. Ever.)

4. Always back up your pictures. :)
I had a little bit of a scare yesterday. Actually, a big bit of a scare. It's a long story, but due to a whole bunch of file transferring and stuff, I thought I had lost about 3/4 of the pictures I've taken all this year. But I got most of them back, so it's all OK. And now I'm going to go back them all up. And you should too! Losing hours of your hard work is not a good feeling.

Have a great Easter!

Love, Stacey.

2 comments:

PETRO50 said...

Great pictures, I especially like the one with the colorful chairs. Top picture. Peter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Walgreens tip! I'm in the need of printing some out for scrapbooking, so it's perfect! So glad everything was okay! I've feared the same thing. Perhaps I should spend some time backing up today!

Have a wonderful Easter!